A business that has survived 100 years is pretty special. The owners of Robinette’s Apple Haus and Winery, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, have a family history of determination and perseverance. They also know how to celebrate as evidenced by the hoopla surrounding their 100th anniversary in business, reached in 2011:
- Unveil a Centennial sign in a ribbon cutting ceremony, with sponsorship from the Chamber of Commerce
- Offer discounts on gift barn purchases
- Provide free souvenir wine glass and wine tasting on select days
- Offer a glass of cider and a donut for 100 pennies
- Celebrate each fruit “season” in anniversary year with varied offerings and events: Peach Festival, Apple Time, etc.
- Host special weekend events including:
- “Blessing of the Blossoms” – blessing from a pastor, bluegrass band, speakers from US Apple and the Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council, free wagon rides, and door prizes
- “Giving Thanks” – serve limited edition Centennial Hard Cider, discounts on wine tasting, donate a percent of proceeds to a local charity
- “Picnic Under the Maples” – hayrides, kids games and prizes, free wine tasting, special cherry or pumpkin spice flavored donuts, and live music by an opry house band
- Create video about history of farm
- News media blitz around each celebratory event
Join us in congratulating Robinette’s Apple Haus and Winery on their 100th anniversary!
If you are looking of ways to celebrate your own business anniversary, check out their celebration list to borrow or spark ideas. In celebrating your anniversary, and especially getting the media’s attention, you’ll gain free publicity, branding awareness, and attract more interest from your target market.