The Pro Football Hall of Fame is located in Canton, Ohio and is “America’s premier sports museum and showplace”. Opening in September 1963, the Pro Football Hall of Fame inducted its first 17 enshrinees. Since then, the Hall of Fame has grown to 280 members.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Highlights
- Hall of Fame Gallery- includes a bronze bust of each inductee and interactive kiosks with player bios, photos, and videos.
- Moments, Memories & Mementos Gallery- highlights incredible achievements
- Pro Football Today Gallery-features recent history-making performances
- Lamar Hunt Super Bowl Gallery- recaps every Super Bowl played to date, and includes the Super Bowl Theater-highlighting the greatest Super Bowl moments.
- Interactive Area- try your hand at trivia, calling the play, video game and more.
- Archives- world’s largest collection of documents pertaining to professional football.
- Hall of Fame Store
- Rotating Exhibits
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival
Each summer, the Pro Football Hall of Fame holds the 10-day Enshrinement Festival to celebrate the love of football and announce the newest inductees. For more information on the Enshrinement Festival or the Pro Football Hall of Fame, please visit their website: http://www.profootballhof.com/default.aspx.
- Drum Corps International Competition
- Hot Air Balloon Classic
- 2 and 5 Mile Races
- Community Parade
- Children’s Activities
- Ribs Burnoff- 3 day event where BBQ Rib masters from around the world come to compete for barbecue glory, and visitors can enjoy a lunch or dinner
- First Play – kids join together to toss an official NFL football to one another along a three-mile route
- Hall of Famer Photo Op
- Enshrinees Gold Jacket Dinner
- Autograph Sessions
- Grand Parade
- Autograph Sessions
- Enshrinement Celebration Fan Party
- Enshrinement Ceremony
- Enshrinees Game Day Roundtable
- Fan Appreciation Tailgate Party
- NFL/Hall of Fame Game
Delighting football fans and spectators alike, congratulations to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on their 50th anniversary.